Saturday 6 April 2013

Datu Beru's Poetry

1. Acrostic Poem

Datu

Drunk by drowsiness due to sleepless nights,
A girl of steel who fears nothing.
Though she is so fickle like the sand,
Under the sun is her portion.

2. Cinquain Poem

A Doe

                      A doe
          Dainty, beautiful
Fast-moving, running, leaping up
      A doe is a soft ball of fur
                     Shy

3. Simile Poem

Snow White

Hair like a black pearl in a pitch black room.
Lips like petals of red rose.
Eyes like the benevolent gaze of a giraffe.
Smile like the half moon at midnight.
Voice like a soothing spring.
Heart like a burning hearth in the winter.
Skin like white glistening porcelain.
An unbelievable beauty, inviting envious eyes.

4. Metaphor Poem

Family

The chaotic, stormy Atlantic Ocean best describes our lives.
The depths echo the corroding shipwreck bones of sorrow.
The brine tastes like a hatful of hollow.
The Leviathan stirs the water, dragging our
Holiest ship to whirlpools of divorce.
My father is the trident-less Poseidon who has lost his power.
My mother is a badly injured sea-gull wailing for water.
My sister and I are the bloodless corpses of the shipwreck.
We drown, coiling with the waves forever.

5. Visual Poem

Open Letter

                 This is my open                     letter. This is
          something to remember. Once, my parents warned me
     about drugs sold on the street. However, never the one with
   teeth and a heartbeat. O good God, If I could, I would take that
   smile and inject it into my veins.     Deep down at my heart it’d
       reign.  Once, my mind was a bare room. Now, it is decorated
            with the thought of you.  I’m not looking skyward for 
                a reason to live. Because I found you and found 
                     the passion to give. Let me give you my 
                             heart. Let me give you my tears.
                       This is my open
                                               letter.

6. Headline Poem



7. Color Poem

The Meeting and the Goodbye

Red is the handful of roses I get from you.
The roses blow passion and love as I sniff them.
Red is blood from my pricked fingers.
It leaves wounds as I watch you turn colder.

Green is leaves which fall to my long hair.
You clean the mess from my head as we walk down the street.
Green is the feeling of me being sick of
You incessantly betray my utmost trust.

Grey is the color of your T-shirt,
It emanates mysterious vibe as I trace down your chest with my fingers.
Grey is my gloomy life after you’re gone,
Each day I grow powerless, listless, and breathless.

Black is your wiry untidy hair,
It is alluring with that attractive wave.
Black is the big hollow in my heart,
The hollow gets bigger and deeper as I recall our memory.

Pink is my dress.
It is the color of my blushing cheeks when you hold my hand.
Pink is my diary which is filled up with heartbreak verses.
Hating, loving, hating, and longing.

8. Auditory Poem

A Little Piece of Heaven

“Spack a speck speck.”
Rain is in the wind.
Pondering I lay on my bed in the best of moods,
Listening to the musical sound of rain’s hitting my windowpane.
“Spack a speck speck.”
The sound soothes.
O, let me be wafted.
Let me glide noiselessly under the warm blanket.

“Keeaa Keeaa Keeaa.”
My parrot cries and other birds chirp in harmoniously in choir,
Adding to the heavenly state of mind.

9. Mixed Imagery Poem

The Beach

The wind drove cloud to seaward,
And a sea-hawk flung down a dead fish as he flew,
And the golden ray of the setting sun was distorted on the horizon,
And the waves crawled up on the crag,
And dead roots of a tree floated in the brine, one contradicting another,
And the shore was full of trials of debris
On the sand I sat by myself leaning my chin in my hands,
Passing sweet hours in tranquility, not a word.
The sound of breaking waves was mystical.
I bathed by the setting sun, gazed off seaward.
Fascinated, my eyes reverted in admiration.
The breeze sent shiver down to my spine.
I inhale the breeze as I watch the sea rolls toward me closer and closer.
The froth, the bubbles, the prismatic colors were glistening and rolling.


10. Children Poem

At Night

I heard the nightly chirping crickets crying from far away invisible,
The creaking trees were dashed by the winds,
And I saw them swaying under the dark sky,
The moon shone a sad light.
I hid under my warm blanket, hoping for the sun and its golden rays.

No comments:

Post a Comment