Monday 8 April 2013

Sarah Shahnaz Ilma's Poetry (1006715616)

1. Acrostic Poem

SARAH
Scared of being rejected and despised
A small soul walks warily down the hall
Rolling around with buddies and lovers
Aiming for long-lost compassion in a nurturing home
Hastily avoiding the judging trained eyes


3. Simile Poems


ALWI
Drives me crazy like a spinning wheel
Chases me like a hungry lion
Sleeps like an angel
Roars like a peaceful rhino

As beautiful as his mother
As cute as his father
As adorable as his new siblings

He came loving like a sweet Eid al-Fitr’s surprise



Resting Place
As locked as the classroom
As cool as a windy day
As soothing as a mother’s fondle
As peaceful as an A

Caresses me like a loving lover
Holds me like my favorite jeans
Drifts me off like a ferry
Haunts me like a recurring heartbreak

Gives me every reason to stay, just like an insurance company.


4. Metaphor Poems


My Family
My family is a big bucket of happiness, covered by one big loss.
My mother Rahma is the reigning queen of perfection and a demanding vulture of self development.
Yet the best mother a child could have.
My brother Mushaddiq is the overprotective king of materials, enslaving all of his subjects.
My best friend in the world, my sister Maryam. She is the attentive fortress of pride.
Me, the super middle child, Sarah. A funny sandcastle of self-defense.
My sister Khadijah is the typical rose of youth, full of herself with a fragile heart of love-longing.
My sister Arfah is the adorable puppy of jealousy, the all time kid. She is a tiny baby of self-conceit at times.
My father Iqbal is the blurry glue of this family, watching us from afar. The one with the succesful life of hardwork.
My family is the compilation of distinctive individuals stacked into a compact room of laughters.


My Friends
To count bestfriends is easy
To count good friends is a bit hard
Good friends, like
Datu, the mischieveous dandelion of unpredictability; like
Grita, the meticulous princess of attention; like
Nilam, the elegant leader of calmness.

I enjoy good companies.


5. Visual Poem

Ray of Sun
I see you
Lookin’ good and
Pretty marvelous
And somehow ecstatic
You are one truth
I can rely on
My brightest ray of sun



7. Color Poem


J.M.E.N.A.W.A

Jet was how I sensed your whole being
At first. Dark, tense- a ticking bomb.
A scary hitman of self-hatred
You came to me unannounced
As hopeful as a thirsty boy in a soda shoppe

Mint was how your personality used to be
It seemed to be cool, but actually stung
Stung me to my very core
Stung me like a mint gum,
Shocking yet gives a lingering good feeling.

Eggplant was one of your favourite colors
I could not get why you liked it
It is dull and feminine
But maybe that was exactly why
You liked it very much in the first place.

Neon is still your obvious color of personality
It shines and it is radiant
You like to be the center of attention,
You always have.
A bright touch of contradiction

Arsenic was how you see yourself
You sat in the corner of your room
Staring into the darkness
You realized that you could do better
Still there was an arsenic shadow of a doubt in you

White is your favorite one
You adore white; you made your surroundings white enough
To make you feel white
You stabbed yourself and you bleed white
Only to make your dark aura satisfied

Almond has always been your scent
You kept screaming but no one heard you
Or cared about you
At least that was what you thought
You were trapped in your sadness and excluded me



8. Auditory Poems

Incoming Dinner
A watch clicked at its slow pace
As if it was scolding her guts.
The door was knocked; she hid
Underneath her grins.
A warm embrace given
Thorns were too.


Dinner’s Bell
The shrieking sound of silence
Awoke me;
My core growls; already got used of pushing the fence
A footstep of yours and I heard the hell’s fire cracking
Dinner time bell finally rang



9. Mixed Imagery Poems

Karma
Privileged men walking big
Privileged women walking tall
Their footsteps echo and
Smacked heads with jealousy

The cold, excellent-smelled one
Laid under the wet bushes
Tried to pick the leaves off
They cried
Furthermore throw themselves onto him

Suffocated, cried for help
Cold has no neutralizer
Excellent-hearing unprivileged ran
The naked trunks already had their revenge


Thirst
How I wish it would rain
So the drought in my throat will be taken off
How I wish it would be drizzling outside
So my hot surface will hiss
And calmed
If only.

No comments:

Post a Comment